The UK Rehabilitation Council (UKRC)
The UKRC exists to provide an authoritative voice and focal point for anyone with a stake in medical and vocational rehabilitation and to support those who are working to help sick and injured people regain their independence.
The UKRC is a community of rehabilitation associations, rehabilitation providers, clients and other stakeholder groups. Our common goal is to ensure access to high quality medical and vocational rehabilitation services in the UK.
- To ensure quality through certification, accreditation, endorsement, standards and research into best practice.
- To provide a one-stop shop for information about rehabilitation.
- To identify/endorse best practice.
- To identify training needs.
- To engage with partners, clients and stakeholders, especially governmental agencies, to ensure joint working and sharing of agendas and priorities.